Built upon 17 acres of former plantation land, the Wai'oli Hui'ia Church and Mission house offer a glimpse back in time. The Princeville plantation was founded by Christian missionaries Abner and Lucy Wilcox in 1837 and was listed as historical location in 1973. Wai'oli Huuia means "Joyful river" in Hawaiian - a reference to the joyful songs that formerly reverberated across the plantation's church walls.
The estate consists of the mission house (which is now a museum), a garage, and two cottages. It is one of Kauai's most popular wedding destinations. Read more about Wai'oli Huuia Mission House here.