Venture onto private land behind 3 locked gates to explore the upper slopes of Kona's very own volcano – Hualalai. This journey provides intimate, unique access to the site of multiple volcanic eruptions from the 1800's, all within a short distance.
- Adult: $184.32
- Child: $160.32
*rates subject to change by season or demand
- Exclusive private access onto Hualalai volcano and into a native forest
- Take pleasure in a 3-4 mile hike through untouched cloud forest with incredible vistas of the Kona coast.
- Stand on the edge of precipitous volcanic craters that plunge deep into the earth below
- Climb through a segment of a lava tube
- After your hike, tour Kona's newest brewery and enjoy a sampling of locally made beers, ciders, and/or non-alcoholic energy drinks.
Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool and wet conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
- Deli style lunch with assorted soft drinks, juices and bottled water. 100% Kona coffee samples served at coffee farm.
- Walking sticks, warm wear, day packs and rain ponchos.
What to Bring & Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, a hat, sunscreen and a light sweatshirt or jacket.
Tours depart daily from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters. 6 - 7 hours round trip. Other pickups available. Please contact us for full details.
- Guests will receive a full refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation.
- Private tours: Customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation.
Cancellations within the cancellation period and “no-shows” will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.