Journey through Hawaii Island's incredible range of ecosystems and climate zones before experiencing first-hand the phenomena that makes it all possible – an erupting volcano. This in-depth experience takes you off-the-beaten path to sites unknown to most visitors.
*rates subject to change by season or demand
- Visit must-see spots within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, home of Pelehonuamea, the Hawaiian deity of volcanoes
- Your interpretive guide will share with you the geology, and natural and cultural history that make Hawaii Volcanoes National Park one of the most fascinating places on earth for residents, scientists, and visitors alike
- Venture down Chain of Craters Road to the coast through rainforests, lava flows, and cinder fields
- Get up close and personal with volcanic formations such as lava tubes, steam vents & craters
- After dark, experience the red glow of Pele's eruption deep inside Halemaumau Crater
Guests should be able to hike on an uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
- Guests from Kona and Waikoloa are served a deli style lunch with assorted soft drinks, juices and bottled water. All guests are served a Picnic dinner, snacks, assorted beverages, bottled water, and hot cocoa. National Park entrance fees are also included.
- Walking sticks, flashlights, day packs, warm wear and rain ponchos.
What to Bring & Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, long pants, and a light jacket.
Trips depart daily from Kona, with pickups in Waikoloa, and Hilo on the way to the Volcano. Tour time is approximately 12 hours round trip, from Kona, 11 hours from Waikoloa, and 8 hours from Hilo. Note: Lunch is served in transit to Hilo, so Hilo guests will not be served lunch unless a special request is made.
- Guests will receive a full refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation.
- Private tours: Customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation.
Cancellations within the cancellation period and “no-shows” will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.