• Adult: $114.14
• Child (4-12): $93.19
*rates subject to change by season or demand
• This tour is managed by the Bishop Museum
• Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
• The Bishop Museum does not have an ATM on property.
• Lunch choices: (order taken at time of reservations, beverages available for purchase)
• Kalua Pig Plate (Kalua pig, one scoop of rice and toss salad OR
• Pineapple Shoyu Chicken Plate (Two pieces of pineapple shoyu chicken, one scoop of rice and toss salad OR
• Veggie wrap (portabella mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, red bell peppers, jicama, lettuce, cucumbers and house- made cole slaw
• Tour runs Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
• Pick ups at Waikiki start at 8am, tour returns to Waikiki by 2.45pm
Join us on a royal voyage through history as we tour the iconic Iolani Palace and Bishop Museum. Walk in the footsteps of the Kings and Queens of Hawaii as the past comes to life in this 6.5 hour tour. Transportation from Waikiki to the Iolani Palace, the Bishop Museum and back to Waikiki is included.
The tour starts at the Iolani Palace with a 15 minute video sharing the history of the palace and the overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy. The Iolani Palace was the residence of King Kalakaua and Queen Kapiolani. It was name for "Io", the Hawaiian hawk, a bird which soars higher than its peers in the sky, and "lani", denoting heavenly, royal, or exalted. The building you will visit is not the original palace which was demolished in 1874. The video is followed by a 50 minute guided tour through the palace. Highlights include the throne room, the crown jewels, and the famous blue room.
Following the Iolani Palace tour, we'll head to Bishop Museum. The Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum is the Hawaii State Museum of Natural and Cultural History. Founded in 1889, it is home to the largest Hawaiian and Pacific cultural and natural history collections in the world. Lunch is hosted at the Bishop Museum Cafe, operated by Highway Inn, a local favorite! After lunch, embark on a guided experience of the museum starting with The Hot Spot Rock, a live lava demonstration show. This is followed by The Sky Tonight- Planetarium Show, you'll even get a star map to take home to continue your star navigations! Finally, learn about the culture and history of Hawaii and the Pacific on a guided gallery tour through the historic Hawaiian Hall.
8.00 AM - Pickups start at Waikiki
9.00 AM - Arrival at the Iolani Palace
11.00 AM - Depart from Iolani Palace for Bishop Museum
11.15 AM - Arrival at Bishop Museum, Lunch!
12.00 PM - Hot Spot Rock: Lava Demo
12:30 PM - The Sky Tonight, Planetarium Show
1.00 PM - Na Mea Makamae a Kahiko, Treasures of the Past
2.00 PM - Depart Bishop Museum, return to Waikiki