Join us on an epic day of discovery as we wander off-the-beaten-path and visit our island's most awe-inspiring sites. This full-day journey covers all your Big Island “must do” experiences and more. This unforgettable Epic Island Volcano Journey, led by an expert Interpretive Guide, is an amazing blend of history and culture, set in the splendor of Hawaii's nature that will change the way you see the island of Hawaii.
*rates subject to change by season or demand
- Explore an active volcano and all the must-see sights of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Search for sea turtles as you stroll the fine crystal black sands of Punaluu.
- Delve into a private cave system and learn how lava tubes are formed.
- Enjoy private Kona Coffee Farm and mill tour at Kona Joe's
- Explore a 1,000-acre Tropical fruit farm and see Rainbow Falls from a private viewing deck.
Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 0.5 to 1 mile on uneven terrain. Ages 8 +.
- Over $30 per person in entry fees, savory island breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, souvenir Kona coffee mug, beverages, and use of daypacks, walking staff, rain gear, and warm wear. Savory Breakfast: Egg burrito, potatoes, croissants, oatmeal, fresh island fruit, and banana bread, 100% pure Kona coffee, teas, hot chocolate, and juices. A vegan burrito option is available. Lunch: Sandwich choice of turkey, ham, tuna or veggie, chips, cookie, sodas, and juice drinks. Gluten-free options are available. Chocolate Brownies & beverages.
- Walking sticks, day packs, warm wear, and rain ponchos.
What to Bring & Wear: Comfortable closed-toe shoes, wear or bring long pants, and a light jacket.
Tours depart daily from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters and are 11.5 hours round trip. Other pickup locations are available. Contact us for full details.
- Guests will receive a full refund with 48 hours' notice of cancellation.
- Private tours: Customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation.
Cancellations within the cancellation period and “no-shows” will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.