Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau- home to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, historic farming plantations, ranches, and the famous black sand beach of Punaluu. Discover how the powerful forces of nature have shaped the people and landscape of this dynamic region, Hawaii's largest land district. The perfect blend of nature and culture led by an expert Interpretive Guide, this tour reveals what it's like to live on two active volcanoes.
- Adult: $172.80
- Child: $148.80
*rates subject to change by season or demand
- Discover the all the “must see” spots within the Park including the dramatically changed Halemaumau Crater
- Discover breathtaking views of Kilauea and the Kau coast and catch a bird's eye view of the Halemaumau Crater from a private view point on Maunaloa
- Sample & shop for award-winning farm fresh coffee at Kau Coffee Mill, along with other
- Hawaii Island grown treats like macadamia nuts, honey, & chocolate
- Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach as you search for basking sea turtles at Punaluu.
- Immerse yourself in stories of Hawaiian legends and mythology with a focus on Pele,
- Hawaiian goddess of fire lightning, wind, & volcanoes
- Explore a historic 165 year old working ranch known for its sprawling view planes, native forest, and wildlife such as cattle, goats, sheep & horses.
Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 2 to 3 miles on uneven terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
- All access fees, coffee tasting, deli lunch, waters, assorted beverages, and use of daypacks, walking staffs, rain gear, and warm wear.
- Lunch: Including sandwich or salad (choice of turkey, ham, tuna, veggie, or mac nut chicken salad) chips, juice drinks, and a sweet treat.
- Walking sticks, day packs, warm wear and rain ponchos.
What to Bring & Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, long pants, and a light jacket.
Morning trips depart daily from our downtown Hilo store at 224 Kamehameha Ave. Tour time is approximately 7 hours round trip. Other pickup locations available. Contact us for full details.
- Guests will receive a full refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation.
- Private tours: Customers will receive a full refund with 72 hours notice of cancellation.
Cancellations within the cancellation period and “no-shows” will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.