Big Island: Hawaii Grand Circle Island Tour
• Adult (12 and older):
Reg. Price: $115 - Online Price: $102 (Save $13!)
• Child (4-11):
Reg. Price: $85 - Online Price: $76.50 (Save $8.50!)
*rates subject to change by season or demand
- Duration: Full day
- Availability: Daily
- Time: 7:30 a.m.
Hawaii's largest and youngest island is quite possibly the most dramatic and awe-inspiring in the Hawaiian chain. So, while a day isn't quite enough to experience all the natural beauties and wonders Hawai'i Island offers, we like to believe this Big Island Circle Day Tour itinerary does a pretty good job.
Your arrival in the middle of a vast lava field might almost seem like a moon landing. Lava, now solidified, has created a wave-like, rippled field that spreads out as far as the eye can see. If this isn't drama enough, the landscape does a 180º along the western coast of the island where tropical bounty abounds. Along the way, you'll make a delicious stop at Royal Kona Coffee in the midst of Hawaii Island's famous coffee-growing region. It's a remarkable place of organic beauty, where lush coffee bean trees seem to spring up among the other island foliage. The area also overlooks Kealakekua Bay, offering spectacular views of its pristine waters.
(* denotes stops made)
- Parker Ranch – Founded in the mid-1800s, Parker Ranch is one of the oldest and largest cattle ranches in the country.
- Hamakua Coast – Home to lush tropical rain forests, beautiful waterfalls, taro farms and black sand beaches.
- Akaka Falls State Park* – A short half-hour hike takes you to two waterfalls: Kahuna Falls and ‘Akaka Falls. The latter is perhaps the most famous Hawai‘i Island waterfall.
- Rainbow Falls State Park* -A public recreational area where there is a majestic waterfall that cascades 80 feet over a lava cave. It is aptly named because rainbows are often seen in the rising mist.
- ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center* – An astronomy and culture education center highlighting exhibits and shows dealing with Hawaiian Culture.
- Big Island Candies Factory* – A true taste of the islands and home to the world-renowned Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookie.
- Punalu'u Black Sand Beach* – Famous and picturesque, this black sand beach is an unforgettable site where honu (Hawaiian sea turtles) often enjoy basking in the Hawaiian sun.
- Royal Kona Coffee* – Panoramic farms growing exclusively grown gourmet Kona coffee beans.
Attention: Modified Itineraries – Effective Saturday, September 22, 2018, the Volcano National Park reopens to the public. Click here for more information.
As the Government Shutdown continues please be advised the National Parks currently have limited access to the public until further notice. Please keep in mind most park gates are open and we are able to enter, however, there are no facilities available. We will make every effort to arrange additional stops for restroom breaks to accommodate our mutual guests. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you advised as information becomes available to us.
- Your safety and comfort are our #1 priority. Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at tour driver discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, venue hours of operations, etc. Tour features can change daily as we cannot predict weather and lava viewing conditions.
- We do not guarantee sighting of lava flows. Surface lava flows may be present but may not be visible due to environmental conditions or time constraints. If conditions permit, walking/hiking on rough, uneven lava surfaces is involved.
- Moderate walking, please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately. You are advised to bring a light jacket as it may get cold.
- Lunch will be available for purchase.
- Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at tour driver discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, and venue hours of operations.
- Volcanic fumes can be hazardous. This tour is not recommended for visitors with heart or breathing problems and infants, young children, and pregnant women.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be included in the comments section when booking online or by directly calling Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service.
- We make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
Reservations may be canceled free of charge up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled tour service for a full refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.